The name Disisa probably derives from the Arabic word "Aziz" - "the Splendid". Already in 1200 when Sicily was a land of conquest the emirs who came from the desert found the Paradise of the earth in this valley. And they sang the beauty of the most fertile countryside in the "Conca d'Oro", for its water ways and shade, for the scents of the wild vegetation, for its fountains and palm trees, for its cultivated fields.
Then, under the Normans, William II donated the estate which had been built by the Archbishop of Monreale. An ancient bilingual act - transcribed in Arabic and Latin - records that, since 1182, the Disisa farm belonged to the diocese of Monreale. The Archbishropic then gave it in emphyteusis to an aristocratic family of Palermo, rigidly establishing the conditions of management and authorizing the cultivation of vines (which was explicitly forbidden in the other farms of the area ).
When the feudal privileges were abolished and the temporal power of the Archbishopric came to an end, the Disisa feud was purchased by the archpriest Nicolò Di Lorenzo,and since then its history has been connected with the Di Lorenzo family.
The fertility of these lands, well known since ancient times, even influenced popular imagination exaggerating its productivity and giving birth to a legend about a treasure, commonly known as "Lu Bancu di Disisa" (Disisa's Bank).
Two famous researchers in popular traditions: Salvatore Salomone Marino and Giuseppe Pitrè mention this legend in their works.